Saturday 10 November 2012

7 months




Dear Lily

So at the moment, your actually 8 months... oops! Mummy may have missed your 7 month update, so I will do it now and your 8 month one will come next week!

7 months was a slightly crazy month with lots of change for us all. Mummy went back to work, starting her new job as a teaching assistant. Daddy started a new job too, and you went to your new nanny everyday, the same nanny that has been looking after your cousins since they were tiny.

I was a wreck for the week leading up to starting back at work, wasn't I?! Sorry about that sweetheart. All weepy and cuddling you lots. It felt awful that I wouldn't be spending every single moment of the day with you. It seems strange to me now that I was as upset as I was, already it's just our normal routine. But I was dreading leaving you.

Luckily, you were amazing Lily Pops! You loved seeing your cousins and playing and giggling, and you loved your new nanny, and wasn't bothered in the slightest that mummy was waking you up early, then dropping you off somewhere new and not seeing you for hours every day. You just took everything in your stride and made everything so easy for me. Thank you for that.

You had a lovely time, visiting bouncy castles and ball pits, little farms, play dates, parks, watching disney movies, playing with your cousins and, with your nanny's help, getting stronger and sitting up for a few moments alone and trying grown up food like little sandwiches, roast potatoes and pasta. 

But then your Auntie and Uncle split up, and they couldn't afford the nanny anymore, which meant neither could mummy and daddy. We weren't sure what we were going to do, and thought I would probably have to give up work again. It would have been a shame because I was enjoying my job, and we needed the money, but I also would have loved being a stay at home mummy for a while longer until we figured out what to do. But Grandma and auntie B came to the rescue! They had a chat and realised the main days that Grandma worked were the days auntie had off of college, and the days auntie was in college were the days Grandma had off from work. So they told mummy that they would have you instead. 

You love being with Grandma and auntie just as much as you loved being with your cousins and the nanny. You love them very much, and have lots of fun with Milly the Puppy, walking backwards in your new walker and now sitting up properly all by yourself! And Grandma and auntie completely love having you so much, you are so loved Lily Pops. I can't tell you how excited they were when they started looking after you and how much they light up when they see you!

Lots and lots of change. But lots of fun for you, and I count down the hours until I get to go and pick you up, and you give me that big beautiful smile of yours, so excited to see me. It's the best end to a day of work that anyone could ask for.

I love you, sweetheart.

Love mummy x x x x

1 comment:

  1. She gets more beautiful with every click of the camera! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate all of them x